Sunday, February 14, 2016

March 30, 1974 The Peach Crop, The Wasted Week, The Jewelry Class, The Gas Business and The Better Weather


Dear Mother,

"We haven't had your snow but we have had cold and today we are having a wet, blowing snow that makes everyone miserable. Perhaps you heard over the radio that the peach crop is gone--both in Illinois and Indiana.  The plants in our back yard all have yellow tops where they were frozen. It looks strange. I hope the snow stops before evening for we want to go to an operetta at school tonight. It is going to be something special and we are looking forward to it.


This has been a wasted week for me and I had so much planned to do but I picked up the flu bug, I guess. I felt fine Monday and went to a luncheon. That evening I went to my jewelry class and was extra tired when I got home from that but was o.k.


Then I got sick in the night and couldn't get up the next morning. At first I thought it was something I had eaten but I guess it was a virus. I just stayed in bed and drank lots of water. That's about all that helps. I haven't had a cold or sore throat so it might have been food but I can't imagine what. Anyway, I'm all right now.

My jewelry class is over next week and I had hoped to finish a ring but won't. I haven't done a thing on it this week so will have to finish it by myself.

We had a letter from Ann on Monday. She may go to school this summer. I guess our kids will never stop going to school. She has a contract for next year so will be teaching at Woodhaven again. We didn't hear from Bob & Pat but I guess they are all right. This gas business is better now so they don't have that to worry with now.


B is going to school and I want him to mail this. Hope you are fine and that your weather is better."

                     Love,

                         Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!