Sunday, November 24, 2013

June 13, 1959 4 Church Suppers, The Department Picnic, One Milk Bottle, Sunday School On Display and The Last Chapter



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It's a wonderful, cool morning but we have been having some real hot days.  The kids have gone to the pool every afternoon and are getting real brown.  I haven't gone yet.  Seems like there is always something else I want to do.

I didn't feel good the first of the week and I think I was just too tired since school is out and I haven't had to do all the extras.  I don't want to do anything much.  But next week is going to be a busy one.  There are 4 church suppers and our department picnic.  Maybe I told you our church missionaries were here and the extra things are for them.

I've been trying to write the last chapter for my Japanese book I've worked on for so long.  Quill Club was Thursday and they helped me with it but it isn't finished yet.  Maybe I'll get it ready to send to a publisher one of these days.  I want to write another Christmas play, too.  It takes me so long with all the other things to do.

I cut out Mother-daughter dresses yesterday but the pieces are still on the dining room chairs and I haven't even pinned them together.

B has been working so hard at school.  It seems like it should be an easy time but they are getting things set up for summer school and there are always lots of problems to settle from last semester.  Then he has to help select new students and do lots of other stuff I don't even understand.  He can hardly wait till vacation.

We have ordered our tent from Sears but it hasn't come yet.  We have maps and books from all the eastern states but haven't had time to map out our trip.

Sorensens have turned toward home now and Woody says they feel like they were on their way home.  They wrote the card from Kenya in Africa.  We expect them the first week of August.  I must write to them soon for they will be going into Poland and Czechoslovakia and won't be able to get mail there.

I have one milk bottle some workmen left here one day and I'll bring that to you and I could probably buy some if you need more. 

Granny was to get her cast off yesterday but I can't get them on the phone so I don't know how she made out.

Bob had an eye test this week and they have stayed the same.  It is the first time he hasn't had to have new glasses.  We were happy about that.

I must stop & plan my S.S. lesson for we'll all be on display for the Missionaries tomorrow."

                         Lots of love,

                                Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!