Monday, November 25, 2013

June 19, 1959 The Two Church Suppers, The Store Business, The Unfinished Book, The Tent and The Right Size

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I had a pen here with my paper but Ann has carried it off.  This has been quite a week and we're all worn out.  We went to two church suppers and then Ann and I went to the church two nights to see pictures and to hear the missionaries talk.  Their little girl is about Ann's size and they had the best time together.  She stayed all day with Ann on Wednesday.  The church bought the missionary children new shoes and some other things.  In fact, they took them to Bloomington on a shopping spree and the whole family was so happy they could hardly stand it. 

I'm glad Beulah has been dismissed from the Dr.   That will be a load off their minds.  I had an examination not long ago and was fine, of course.

B's mother wrote us about the store last week and when you didn't mention it in your letter I felt like you didn't know it.  She didn't write any details except that Cooks had already worked their last day.  I hope things will be better now and I hope you have talked to Claude Woods about the business so you know what is what.

It doesn't look like I can finish my book before we leave because I haven't had the pep to start typing on it.  It doesn't bother me but I would like to get it sent to a publisher.  The sooner I send it the sooner I'll know if someone will buy it.  I won't have to have the play until next Xmas for the church and I've been planning a little for it.

We still don't have our trip mapped out but we do have maps and folders to work with.  Our tent came but had a little hole in the top so we had Sears order another one.  It will be here next week.  Our vacation begins July 3 and we plan to drive home that day.  We'll probably stay about a week and come back here for a day or two to get ready for our trip.

I hope Daddy's package arrives on time & I hope it fits.  It has been so long since I wrote sizes down that the numbers may be all wrong.  If they are wrong mail it right back and maybe there will be time to get the right size before we come home.

Hope you both have a real nice day."

                      Lots of love,

                           Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!