Wednesday, September 11, 2013

November 30, 1957 Having a Good Time and Doing a Little Shopping but News Is Scarce

Ladies Home Journal, Dec., 1957

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We are all enjoying the vacation but I'm sure mixed up on the days.  It doesn't seem like Friday at all.  Yesterday we had a small turkey with all the trimmings and spent the day just having a good time.  It was a beautiful day but cold.  The kids played outside a good part of the day.  We asked Edna to eat with us but she wanted to rest.  Woody was gone to a meeting so she was alone.

B planned to work upstairs today but helped Watty work on a T.V. tower.  They worked all day and never did get it up.  I think they are going to try again tomorrow.

I went downtown and did a little shopping.  Christmas is not far off.  We plan to see you on Saturday before Xmas and then will drive to Buddy's for Xmas day.  We'll come home from there for there is a conference at school which begins Dec. 26 and B should be here for that.

I had a letter from Bessie today and will answer it soon.  I'd been thinking I'd write and tell them our plans.

Bob and I got our glasses this afternoon.  I hope they keep my eyes from getting so tired and puffy.

You must think you're falling apart with so many things breaking.  That seems to always be the way, though.

Bob wrote to Rosalynn at school.  It was part of a lesson and I didn't even get to read it for it was all sealed up when he brought it home.  He had lost the stamp he'd taken to school.

News is pretty scarce this week so I guess I'll say good-night."

                               Lots of love,

                                       Bonnie

            

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!