Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 15, 1956 The Paint, The Picnic, The Poppy Seedlings and The Patio

The almost-finished garage

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This has been some day so I will be late with my letter.  B and Watty painted all day long and got the second coat of paint on the whole house.  That leaves only the white trim to do yet.  They have really done a quick job on it.  I had Watty and Lynn here for lunch and then all of the Wattersons for supper tonight so it has been a day.

Woman's Day, 1954

My teeth are all done and look real nice.  I hope this is the last time I have to have a tooth capped.  Bobby went with me yesterday for a tooth check-up for school.  His teeth are fine.  We were afraid he'd need braces now but the dentist says he thinks they'll be o.k. without them.

Bobby has been exposed to German Measles but hasn't broken out yet.  I wish he'd have them and Ann would take them too.  It isn't too hot and these measles last only a few days but can cause so much trouble in adults.  Dr. Cline told us long ago that the children should have them as young as possible.

Patio in progress, far left
I'm doing fine with  my patio.  It is really hard work though so I can't work at it for too long at a time.

The walk leading to the patio

The boys finished the garage yesterday.  The door is shipped without glass so B has to get some and put it in.  The door has two lights in it.  It rolls up so easily that Bobby has been having a picnic with it.

Why is your chest hurting and sore?  Have you done something to make it sore or is it the old kind of heart pain?

There isn't much news.  It is bedtime but I have to go water some poppy seedlings that are coming up.  I read that poppy seeds could still be planted so I tried it.  They are up and I hope they grow."

                    Lots of love,

                        Bonnie

NOTE:  There are only a few "before" photographs of the house, and no "after" pictures of which I'm aware.  Bonnie made the patio and walk in the same brick pattern, and we typically used the patio for parking bikes and wagons, setting up tents and an having an occasional impromptu picnic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!