Friday, July 13, 2012

November 26, 1949 The Records, The Little Pest, The Wonderful Thanksgiving, The Dishes are Found and The Topsy Turvy House

Bonnie's "Molly Pitcher"china
Dear Mother, Daddy & Grandma,

"Bobby is still asleep although it is almost 9:00 but he was a tired boy when we got home from Chicago last night.  He went to sleep before 7:00 on the way home and hardly woke up when I put his pajamas on him.  It was 8:00 when we got home.  We had a real nice time and Bobby was so good.  We didn't get up there till about 11:00 and started home around 4:00 but that was long enough for there were mobs everywhere and you couldn't really shop.  I finally found my dishes at Marshall Fields but they didn't have but a few pieces so took my order and will send it all at once probably after the new year.  I am so thrilled to find them at last.  We didn't buy anything except Bobby some records.  You know we have a little player that B bought me years ago and we've saved it for him.  We think he'll enjoy hearing nursery rhymes now since we read so much to him.  He is still a little pest about reading.  I have to stop in the middle of dishes lots of times to read.

I'm so sorry Grandma is sick and do hope she is much better now.  Sorry your Thanksgiving was so dull.  Ours was wonderful.  The Wheelers came over here and we each got half the dinner.  We had chicken and everything else imaginable and so much fun.  The kids (they have a boy 2 and a girl 4 besides the baby) had a glorious time.  There was no crying or fighting but lots of laughs.  We got the carriage down for the baby and Bobby loves to ride in it.

We are chaperoning a formal party next Sat. night and I'm working on a dress.  It is brown taffeta and I'll wear gold shoes and a gold belt.  It is going to be a rush to get it done.

Bonnie's gold gloves and compact--wish I still had the shoes and belt!
I expect a call about your dishes anytime now.  I don't want thanks of any kind for the trouble I've had in buying those dishes.  It has been fun for me and it gives me a lot of satisfaction knowing that you are getting something that you've wanted so many years.  They are very pretty and if no one else likes them you and I will and we'll enjoy every piece all by ourselves.

1949 Anahist Ad courtesy of eBay
I did take the cold.  I still have a little but didn't read about the Anahist until I had it.  Evelyn gave me a dose of some the Dr. gave her and I'm sure it helped me for my cold didn't go into my throat as usual.  We are going to get some so we'll have it next time.  I had torn out an article about it to send you but won't since you know about it.

I must get busy.  The house is topsy turvy.  I hope you are all feeling pretty good.  Take care of yourself, Mother & rest all you can.  Don't bother to write letters when you get too busy.  A card will let me know how you all are and I'd worry if I didn't hear."

           Lots & lots of love to all three,

                    B, Bonnie & Bobby


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!