Thursday, June 28, 2012

April 23, 1949 The Desk Drawers, The New Hire, The House, The Birthday Boys and The New Coats

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I'll start this but may not get far.  Bobby is emptying the desk drawers and B has gone to have the car fixed.  Toni and I went to town this week and almost didn't get home.  The car kept dieing and people would push us and get us started.

Yesterday was an exciting day for us for we had company from Yale.  The school has been trying to find another man to teach philosophy and has been writing to this man for months.  He came for an interview yesterday so B was busy all day.  They were here at the house in early afternoon after having lunch at school and then had supper here.  He had to go back to N. Haven last night for his wife is expecting a baby any minute and they have two others.  It was wonderful to talk to someone about all our friends and Yale and he didn't stay half long enough.  They hired him and he'll be back in September.

We have more hopes of getting the house I mentioned last week and want to go see it today.  The woman who lives there called me one day to talk about it and tell me the good and bad parts about it.

Thanks for B's candy.  It's all gone now but we enjoyed it.  He got a shirt from his folks and there is another package here now we he's already had a nice birthday.  Weldon Watterson's birthday is Thurs. so we'll have a big dinner for both boys on Tuesday. 

I had to stop and then B came and we went to Bloomington.  I bought a navy crepe dress--practical kind, but didn't find a hat.  In fact, I didn't have time to look.  There is a Faculty Wives dinner meeting next Fri. night and I'd like to find a hat before then.  I ordered a topper out of the New York Times and can't wait to see it.  It is coral corduroy.  I needed something to wear when Bobby plays out and something lightweight so I thought that would work fine.

Thanks for the nice Easter egg.  It will go in Bobby's bank.

Toni gave me a permanent this week and I sure look better.  Bobby and I have been wearing our new coats and like them fine.  His is too big but will do and will be just right next fall.



Hope you are all fine."

Gardening
      Lots & Lots of love,

              B, Bonnie & Baby


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!