Saturday, May 21, 2016

February 27, 1976 The Unbelievable Weather, The Little Scissors, The Book Club, The Travel Club and The Double Knit Dress


Dear Mother,

"We came here Wednesday afternoon and will go home tomorrow afternoon. The weather has been unbelievable for Chicago in February. It has never been like this when we've been here for this meeting--usually around 0ยบ.  It is just like spring but the weatherman says tomorrow will be cold.

I've done a lot of looking and window shopping but haven't seen anything I really wanted except some little scissors. I needed them to use with my applique quilt block and couldn't find them at home.

It seems strange to be here and not see Bob & Pat. He called Tuesday and they are fine. We hadn't heard from Ann anymore since Bob K. had his wisdom teeth out but I trust they are fine, too.

I haven't seen but one person I know since we came. B has seen lots he knows but I usually see a few I know too.

Next week is going to be a busy one. I'm hostess for Book Club Monday morning and then I am going to Travel Club in the afternoon. A strange woman called and asked me to give a talk on quilts for a group that studies antiques. She wanted me to do it Tuesday and I didn't have any time to prepare so I said I couldn't. It seems as if I have so many things to do I don't want to take on any more.

I finally got the hem in the double knit dress I was making and brought it with me but I haven't worn it. It is high necked so real warm. I may need to put it on tomorrow.

This isn't much of a letter but there just isn't any news. I hope you are fine and that you've been having some of this nice, warm weather."

                     Love,

                         Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!