Friday, September 26, 2014

October 5, 1964 The Weekend, The Suit, The Dress and The Awfully Short Letter

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This has been a busy week-end. Yesterday B & I went to Chicago and being gone all day meant a lot of things didn't get done. We looked at some dining room furniture but didn't buy any.  I thought I knew what I wanted but couldn't find it.  As long as our chairs hold together I guess it's all right. The kids stayed at home. They hate to go & we were home by supper time anyway. Then all of us went to a football game & it was real long and we are tired tonight.

There was a lot going on today.  I poured at a tea for new faculty people, then we went to an Open House a group of boys were having & in a few minutes we have to go to the funeral home.  The retired head of the music department died last night.  She had been a very busy woman even after she retired and had a lovely gift shop here in Normal.  She had cancer and didn't have it very long.  She was never married but has a lot of nieces & nephews who have always come to see her.

 I've sewed hard again this week.  I finished a suit & a dress. The dress doesn't look right to suit me so I'm going to do something more on it. I don't know what exactly.

This is an awfully short letter but B is waiting to go & if I don't mail this now it will be terribly late. We are all fine & hope you are too."

                         Lots of love,

                               Bonnie




NOTE:  In the news:  It would come as no surprise that the controversial Warren Report would continue to stir theories and investigations for many years.  Part of the supporting evidence below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!