Monday, August 11, 2014

March 8, 1964 The Suit, The Pussy Willow, The Funny Looking Shoes and The Meeting



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We have had supper and Bob has gone to see Malcolm for awhile.  He's the one Bob went to Wisconsin with last summer.  Both boys are working on a science project so they can talk & talk.  He is the boy that shared the mouse project last year.

Ann has had another sore throat but is all right now.  She feels fine and had an organ lesson today but missed school.

I've been working on a bright pink suit for myself this week.  The jacket is done but I'm having trouble getting the skirt to look right.  The side seams won't hang straight.

The pussy willow is coming out so maybe spring is not far away.



I bought a pair of beige shoes today to wear later this spring & in the summer.  They have a bit of brown on them & are real pretty.  I was looking for black patent ones but liked these better.  I'll have to wear my old patent ones, I guess.  I ordered a pair from Spiegels.  They substituted on me & sent some with real round toes that they must have had in stock for years.  They were real funny looking so I sent them back.

I didn't know Flora was even sick again.  Hasn't she had a lot of trouble in her life?  She looked so bad & tired the last time I saw her.


I had a real nice birthday last Sunday but was about worn out by the time the day was over.  I had my S.S. class, of course, & then we stayed for church.  We went to the Student Union at school for dinner then to a coffee, then a music program & to some friend's for dessert after the program.  We got home about 1:00 & I wasn't worth a nickel on Monday for I can't get along very well without my sleep.

We went to a tour meeting Wed. night.  They still need more people to fill the plane so we are worried about the trip going through.  They'll probably suggest something for us but we don't know what.

I hope you are rid of your cough, Mother, & that both of you are fine."

                  Lots of love,

                          Bonnie

NOTE:  I like the contrast of the shoe images with the old fashioned table, all from Ladies Home Journal, February, 1964.  The table set for tea was part of the My Fair Lady craze.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely images, dear Ann. I don't generally gravitate towards pointy toed shoes, but those classic beauties really appeal to me. I think it's this solid hues and charming little details that do the trick. I would love to pair any one of them with my late 50s/early 60s floral print wiggle dress for Easter, as the chicks in the cream shoe spread hint at one doing.

    What a strange thing that the company sent your mom different shoes than the ones she ordered. I'm sure that was a sigh worthy moment for her.

    Big hugs & many thanks for your wonderfully nice comment on my PNE post,

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! It's great to hear from you! Thanks for commenting even though I know I'm out of your era now:-)

    I hope you're doing well as summer is coming to an end. I'll be ready for your autumn posts!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!