Sunday, August 10, 2014

February 25, 1964 The Lovely Card, The Mustard Gas, The White Coat and The Sunshine


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"The morning is almost gone and I can't see a thing I've done but the telephone kills a lot of my mornings.  I feel like I didn't sleep much last night because Ann was up at 5:00 this morning.  Her class went to Chicago for the day.  She was supposed to be at school at 6:30 and was excited and wanted to be up plenty early.  B got up & took her over but I didn't sleep much after she got up. They planned to spend the day in the museum & go to another one if there was time.

Thanks so much for the lovely card and money.  I'll stash it away and spend it on our trip.  We haven't heard more about it but have a meeting next Wed. & maybe they'll tell us some news.

I'm sorry about the Deberry girl.  One of my friends here in Normal had the same thing and it finally killed her.  She lived 5 or 6 years with it but was in & out of the hospital.  They tried every treatment that is known & her doctor wrote all over the country for help but there isn't any cure, yet.  They even gave her mustard gas for treatments.


We are all so sorry about Jerry's horse.  Didn't they know what was wrong with it?  Bob made some flys for him weeks ago & nagged at me every day to mail them but I just couldn't get to it.  B finally got them mailed yesterday.

I finished Ann's suit except for the shorts & have to wait for her to try them on. They look so big in the waist I'm afraid to finish them up. She hates to try on things just like I always did but she sure likes pretty clothes.

I finally found a white coat I liked but couldn't get it in my size at the store so they ordered me one.  This is at Penney's & it was to be there yesterday but I couldn't go to town yesterday.  I sure hope it fits.  It isn't heavy like the one I had Xmas but isn't real light weight, either.  If you have a catalog you can see it because it is pictured by itself on one page in white.

The church is having a bake sale tomorrow & I promised to make something for them.  We also go to a potluck supper tomorrow night & I have to take the meat.  I still haven't decided what to take but may get ham because it is so easy to fix.

We are still having real winter with snow & wind.  I am thankful for the sunshine, though.  We have had more sun than usual this winter.

Take care of yourselves."

                       Lots of love,

                           Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!