Wednesday, August 6, 2014

February 2, 1964 The Family Colds, The Cheap Suit and The 30 Fish



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This has been a beautiful spring-like day.  It seems strange that we could have had so much snow only two weeks ago.

I'm about over my cold but I get tired pretty fast so I haven't done much this week either. I went to a luncheon Thursday and went to Ann's organ lesson today.  Ann & I went to an organ concert Thursday night but she got a little bored.  The man was demonstrating Baldwin organs but he just played popular music.  She got tired of it.

B's cold is better & so is Bob's.  They seem to always keep going.  Ann was the only one that went to church last Sunday.  We felt so awful we thought we'd better stay at home.

I got my suit finished & wore it.  It looked real nice but the material was cheap and it won't hold up very well probably.  I'll try to save the scraps for your quilt. It is a dark gray.

Bob passed his driver's test on Monday and got his license.  We've been letting him drive quite a bit for he really needs the experience.

He has been pretty excited the last couple of days for he has 30 baby fish.  Two mother fish had all of them.  They are funny little things--all eyes and a transparent body.

Ann & Polly have gone to a movie tonight.  I have to do some mending so I'd better get at it even if this is a real short letter.  Hope both of you are fine."

                    Lots of love,

                           Bonnie

NOTE:  On a recent visit to Normal I was pleased to see that our old Normal Theater was still in operation.  It has an interesting history:  http://www.normaltheater.com/index.aspx?NID=96

I think we probably saw Beach Party, which was released the previous summer. Take a look if you're interested:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!