Saturday, June 7, 2014

November 11, 1962 The Last Home Game, The Practical Jersey, The Big Affair and It's Almost Noon


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I got bogged down again and didn't get my letter written or much else done yesterday.  I went downtown yesterday morning to look for a dress & hat to wear to Woody's inauguration and got home in time to eat a sandwich and go to the last football game on our field.

I hadn't bought a hat this fall and got a rather plain black velvet.  I bought a dress too but it is just a practical jersey to wear to school affairs & such--not a real dress-up dress.  It was a good buy so I took it.  I still don't know what I'll wear to the big affair next Saturday.

We had a card from Sorensens yesterday.  They were in Florida for a few days. They are hard to keep up with--fly around like birds.

We went to a dinner party last night & had a nice evening just visiting.

I did some sewing this week & got a dress made over.  Seems like I can't keep my clothes ready to wear.

Ann finally got the splint off of her finger & it seems all right.  I was really afraid it was broken.  She seems to enjoy the organ lessons & I hope she keeps liking them.

Bob worked in the yard again yesterday & it looks real nice.  B is cleaning gutters now & has the lawn mower put away.  Sunday is a bad time to do these things but it is the only time he has.  We went to Sunday School but didn't stay for church. This afternoon we have to do some church calling we've been trying to do for three weeks.

I envy you of your nice long ride.  Our trees have been bare for a long time now & there is frost every morning.



It's almost noon & the kids think it's time I got lunch so bye for now."

                              Lots of love,

                                     Bonnie

NOTE:  Featured in the Saturday Evening Post pictured above, in addition to the gruesome report about Eichmann:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!