Sunday, November 17, 2013

April 26, 1959 Turned the Clocks Back, Spaded a Little Garden, Finished the Dress and Got a Chicken


 Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We have been to our pot luck club but came home a little earlier than usual since we turn the clocks back tonight.  We were glad everyone wanted to go home early because we are planning to go to Chicago tomorrow for the day.  The U.S. exhibit from the Brussel's World's Fair is in a museum there now and we want to see that.  We'll spend all our time in the one place.

The last two days have been wonderful--almost 80° but cold weather is supposed to be on the way.  Bob and Ann spaded a little garden at a friend's place today but they didn't get any seeds in.  Bob had a Scout meeting so he couldn't work on it very long.  He's going to put tomato plants out a little later anyway.  The weather man claims we will have more cold weather.

B was real happy to get the sox but the Mirror would have been enough.  Seems like he always needs sox though, and he said to thank you.

I finished my birthday dress and have worn it several times.  It made a very pretty dress and a comfortable one.  I'm glad you like your pattern.  I bought some mother-daughter patterns today but don't know when I'll get around to using them.  I have some white pongee with orange flowers on it for us some summer dresses.

It's been a busy week.  I spent all day Tuesday at a Girl Scout meeting and go again this Tuesday.  There have been a couple of parties and I went to Quill Club Thursday night.  Most of them knew I had sold my play but I wanted to go to report it myself.  I hope I can make time to do a little more writing.  A nice check like I got really peps you up.

I think Ann told you about Bob's chicken.  That thing is growing like a weed.  Our upstairs bathroom is like a zoo with the hamster and the chicken and it smells like one too.  Bob has the frame made for a chicken coop but it gets too cold at night now to put the chicken outside.  It just eats its head off and grows so fast. 

I'm about to go to sleep in my chair so good night for now.  Hope you both are fine."

                          Lots of love,

                              Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!