Tuesday, September 25, 2012

May 10, 1952 Raining, Painting, Kissing and Loving and Thrilled About Twins

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It's cold and rainy again and we have a fire in the furnace.  It is pretty hard to take after the wonderful days we have had.  Bobby is getting awfully tired of staying in.  We have new white sand in the sandbox and they almost live out there.

Our dining room is just about finished.  I have to scrape the paint off the windows and paint the inside of the china cabinet.  I plan to get some drapes but want to wail until I get the painting done.  It takes so long when I only work at night.  B took the kids to the park one afternoon so I could paint but I had a phone call and had to cook supper so I really didn't paint but about an hour.

Sunday is Mother's Day and I hope it will be a nice day for your both.  You should have your package soon, Mother.  Some women up the street have invited me to go to church with them Sunday (Catholic) and I'm going if nothing happens.

Are the iris growing?  The woman promised they would bloom this year and I'm anxious to see if they really do.

I had a letter from Beulah this week.  It had been so long since I heard from her.  It must have been mental telepathy for I'd been thinking of her for days before that letter came.

Bonnie, "Buddy" and Beulah, about 1940


School will be out in about a month and if all goes well we are still planning to go to Alabama.  We will have a week off.

Ann has another cold.  I guess she got it from David.  He kisses her and loves her and we can't make him leave her alone.  When she yells, "No Daydee", we know he's getting too rough.  He is only six months older but much larger.

Are you going to have any strawberries this year?  Arkansas berries are coming in now and are cheap for the beginning of the season.  We gave .39 a quart today.  When they get a little cheaper I want to make some preserves.

Bobby was all thrilled about the twin calves.  What do you plan to do with all of them?"

                      Lots of love,

                             Bonnie

NOTE:  Time magazine's top choices for movie-goers included one of B & Bonnie's favorites, An American in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!