Monday, September 17, 2012

March 8, 1952 Tired of Snow, Bonnie Turns 32, Postponing the Trip, Papering the Walls and No News Since Christmas


 Dear Mother & Daddy,

"More snow!  I am so tired of snow and mud but surely we can't have much more.  I guess this is the kind of weather farmers like, though for the snow melts into the ground so slowly.


I had a real nice birthday.  We didn't do anything special but enjoyed staying at home and not having to go someplace.  B gave me some crystal and I got some tea towels, perfume and some Florida jelly from all the Belshes.  Thanks a lot for your nice package.  My things were awfully nice and the kids just loved the books and candy.  Ann acts so big when she gets a book, too.  She likes to look at the pictures herself but won't sit still and listen to a whole story.


We are having to postpone our trip to Alabama that we had planned for Easter. There is to be a meeting in St. Louis that B and Jim have to go to so we'll go to Alabama in June.  We want Jim to bring his family here to stay during the meeting but he doesn't think they can.

We want to do some papering and painting when it gets nice but this house is so dirty.  My kitchen walls are dirty already.  It has been a long time since I did any papering but I think I could do it.  I'm going to see if I can get pre-pasted paper.  Sears has some and it looks pretty nice.  You just dip it in water and put it on.

I guess I'd better get to work.  I'm sitting here in my pajamas and the house is a mess.  Seems like there hasn't been any news to write since Christmas."

                       Lots of love,

                              Bonnie


 First Grade photo, 1926



About 1936



8th Grade Graduation, 1934



1938



 Happy Birthday, Mom!

4 comments:

  1. As always the photos in your posts are so charming Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Merryl! I'm glad you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest birthday to your wonderful mom! Though I never had the honour of knowing her in person, I certainly feel privileged to have learned so much about her life, character, hopes and dreams through your beautiful presentation of her letters and heirlooms.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, many thanks and I'm so pleased to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!