Thursday, September 20, 2012

March 29, 1952 Watching the Trains, Expecting Bedlam, Wearing Blisters and Hunting Parts for the Radio Cabinet

The radio cabinet, long gone
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"B has taken the children to watch the trains come in the depot so I'll have to fly to do all the things I have planned before they get back.  I can work so much faster when they are out of the house.

Now that the weather is nice why don't you plan to come to see us?  Surely Daddy could have a few days off and you could get your glasses here.  I wish you would.

We are planning Big on having a good time during our Easter vacation for Wheelers are coming afterall.  They will be here a week.  B and Jim will be at a meeting in St. Louis from Mon. thru Wed. so Eve and I will have the kids to ourselves.  I know it will be bedlam with five kids (they have 3) but I'm not going to worry about the house or noise and just have a good time.  I just hope people will leave us alone but I know there will be lots of them wanting to see Wheelers.  We'll go to Alabama in June and be home to see all of you in Aug. when we have a month.

We had fun in Peoria even if it did rain most of the time.  We took our lunch and ate in the car.  The kids were so good and we all had a nice time.  I bought some shoes--Natural Poise--that are rust with natural nylon mesh.  They are real nice.  I got a natural straw purse too, to match the hat I made last year.  B had his razor checked and that is the extent of our shopping.

We ordered Ann some new shoes--red with two straps.  They are awfully cute and she's so proud but they are too big and almost wore blisters yesterday.  We'll have to put these away and get another pair but these are so cute that we don't care if we do have to keep them.

It still stays cold but is so springlike that Bobby has been playing out a lot.  The sandbox is wet and dirty but he doesn't care.

Our radio cabinet is 18" deep, 37" high and 38" wide.  I've been watching ads for pictures but haven't found much.  If you make one this size it will be big enough for any size chassis.  B has decided on part of it but is hunting parts now and that is a slow job.

Ann does better all of the time now without her bottles and hasn't had one at night in several days.  She just loves "mum" (gum), likes to play with her Daddy's "screwdoodle" (screwdriver).  She'll be talking a blue streak by August.

I keep forgetting to look for Bobby's quilt material but will try to remember soon."

                     Lots of love,

                           Bonnie

NOTE:  B loved electronics of all kinds, was always building radios, assembling stereo systems and always trying to create a better sound...a good thing since he liked his music loud!

1 comment:

  1. I adore the shoes in that ad - especially the spectator pump style. I've been hunting for a similar pair for quite some time (I can find them, I just have somewhat oddly shaped feet that make finding shoes that fit well a bit tricky). No luck, but the search continues.

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my watermelon skirt outfit today, dear Ann. Your comment about leaving room in my bag for a yard sale treasure made me smile - spot on there! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!