Sunday, September 9, 2012

January 11, 1952 Screams and Screams, The Fixed Table, The Broken Washer and The Watering Can

www.retro.net
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"The kids and Lynn are playing with the Krazy Ikes so I'll see what I can do.  Ann has been awake at night so much since we came home that I haven't done much except rest every chance I get.  She is worse now than she has ever been--just screams and screams when she wakes up.  I can't figure it out for she is good in the daytime.

B fixed the kids table and chairs and they really are getting a lot of good out of it.  He used clear varnish on the chairs and table legs and put an inlaid linoleum on the table top.  It looks real nice.

We still haven't got our washer fixed.  They promised to fix that motor the first of the week but B went down Wed. and they hadn't even touched it.  Promises don't seem to mean much.  I've been washing diapers and the things I absolutely have to have at Toni's, but I'll have a half dozen tubs full when I do get my washer fixed.

I hope your back is all right now.  You must have slipped something out of place.

I think the philodendron slips you gave me are finally getting roots.  I thought for a while that they were just going to wilt and die.  I bought myself a watering can like I got for you and now I don't have to take all my plants to the sink.

The watering can

There really isn't any news.  We still have some snow and ice but lots of mud.  Bobby can get himself in an awful mess in a few minutes outside, but what fun!"

                        Lots of love,

                               Bonnie

Daytime

NOTE:   On January 14, 1952, NBC's Today Show debuted.  Use the link to see and hear the first showing of this very familiar and popular program.  http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/nbc-debuts-the-today-show-on-jan-14-1952/68zcdg0

Clipping included in letter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!