Friday, August 24, 2012

June 23, 1951 The Three Windows, A Pretty Good Trip, The New Tooth and The Dirty Dishes

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It seems like a month since we were home.  This has been such a busy week and we've gotten lots done.  I have all my curtains up except in Bobby's room.  He has three windows and I have several curtains but no three pairs alike so I'll have to make something for him.

The trip home was pretty good.  We stopped at a roadside park to eat lunch and had stopped at the Diamonds for cokes.  It made us later getting home but we felt that the kids needed the change.

Ann is still cross but quite a lot better than she was there.  I discovered a new tooth when we were almost home and found another one today.  That explains her ill nature last week.  Maybe she will improve now.  I hope so for she still is so wakeful at night.

B's nephew, Steve
Steve has helped B all week and has run errands for me.  We will all miss him when he goes home.  We expect his folks tomorrow.
 
I have found another girl to help me and she ironed yesterday.  I couldn't seem to get the ironing even started.  Seems like I don't get my dishes done till all hours.  It is after 8:00 now and I haven't washed the supper dishes.  B is changing some light switches and putting in some outlets.

We went to a picnic last night and since it rained we had it inside.  I gave Ann her supper before we went and more milk after we got home.  She got very sleepy but was real good.

Toni expects to go to the hospital any minute and Watty leaves for Europe on Tuesday.  Her sister is coming to stay with the kids.

My legs are much better.  I had my prescription refilled and took another series of the anti-histamine.


B's raise turned out to be better than we expected--$40. a month.


Well, I must wash my dishes.  Hope you are all fine."

                     Lots of love,

                            Bonnie

NOTE:  For a fun look at old Route 66 and more about the Diamonds:
http://www.route66university.com/busdir/diamonds.php



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!