Wednesday, July 11, 2012

October 22, 1949 The Shakers, The Little Man, The New Sitter and The Ironing


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I'm glad Daddy finally went to the doctor and hope he'll soon feel better.  There is a good eye clinic here so why don't you drive over here and get the glasses and the dishes at the same time.  Now that the calves are sold maybe Mr. Tinsley would feed the other stuff a few days.  You could drive to Buddy's Sat. night and on over here Sunday.  This would be a good time to come--nice weather and before the Xmas rush.  Think it over.

No, I don't remember the china pattern but isn't it in your book?  I'm not sure but think the plates are scalloped.  Did you decide against the Gloria pattern?  We are still thinking of taking a trip Thanksgiving but really don't know yet.  I could probably have the dishes shipped if you wanted them before Xmas.  I hope you got the shakers o.k.  I had them insured.  Just happened to see them.

The Little Man
Bobby and I went to Springfield with B Wed.  School is about four blocks from the square so B took us there (I took the stroller) and we shopped for about 30 min.  Stores closed at 5:00 and it was almost 4:30 when we got there.  Then we played on the school yard and in the car till B was through at 7:00.  We then went to a restaurant for supper and Bobby was just a little man.  He was so good all the afternoon.  It was about 9:30 when we got home but Bobby had stayed awake most of the time just having the time of his life.

Last night we went to a party at school.  B and Jim are in Urbana at a meeting today and were yesterday too.  Bobby and I will go see Evelyn and the kids when he gets up.  Did I ever tell you how much I like her?  She is so ordinary and just plain nice. 

I finally have a sitter coming.  I haven't seen her but the Dean of Women at school is sending her and I hope she works out o.k.  She will take care of Bobby or do housework.  I will probably have her iron when he sleeps or wash dishes when I have a big party but want her to sit with Bobby mostly.

I must stop and iron a few pieces while Bobby is asleep.  Seems like I've been ironing all week.  Think over what I said about driving up for a day or so.  You could do it, I know."

                Lots of love,

                        B, Bonnie & Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!