Friday, June 29, 2012

May 7, 1949 Perfect Health But Walks Off Tables, B's Spring Fever and The House Hunt

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We've had some hot days, too, but today is quite cool.  Bobby has been wearing the sun suits that I made last summer.  They have to have the buttons moved on the straps and then fit fine.  I must make some more for he'll need about a dozen.

He had his smallpox vaccination Tuesday and it's beginning to take.  So far, it hasn't bothered him a bit but he'll probably be a bit cranky for a day or two.  The doctor says he is still in perfect health.  He is 33-1/2" tall and not so fat now.  We don't have to take him for another examination for a year.  He is climbing till we're almost crazy sometimes--up on the dining table and kitchen table.  He just walks off too without realizing he will fall. 

B has spring fever.  He has cleaned the basement and washed screens, windows and woodwork this week.  I told him I hope it lasted.

Yes, I'd like to have the striped sacks but save them till I come.  I have a lot of sewing to do now and want to get caught up.  I just finished a sundress out of the gingham B's folks gave me Christmas.  Then I have my birthday dress to make and have a cotton skirt partly done.  I have a couple cotton blouses to go with that to make and Bobby's sun suits--enough sewing to last a month.

We had the loveliest time at Aunt Ione's.  All her children were there (3 married ones and two at home).  She had an early buffet supper for us and we got home about 7:00.  Bobby was so good and played with the other babies there.

We can't find out about the house till the people there find out about the one they want.  An old woman lives in it and they are waiting for her to decide when she's going to Calif.  We haven't stopped looking for another place but will take this one if nothing else turns up.

Hope tomorrow is a nice day for you both."

                 Lots of love,

                         B, Bonnie & Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!