Saturday, June 30, 2012

May 21, 1949 Another Shabby House, More China, Cross, Disgusted and Without a Word

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We've been house hunting again.  B is going to see the owner this afternoon.  It is a 5 room furnished house with a nice yard.  The inside is nice but the outside needs paint and looks shabby.  Rents for $65. furnished but we'd like to have it unfurnished.  We'll soon know, I hope.  The first house I told you about was rented long ago but the people still haven't moved out--soon will probably for they are waiting for their 16 yr. old son to finish high school before moving.

I'm sending some folders on china.  The Madison is the only gold band (too fancy) but the Rose is just beautiful.  I wish you would buy it.  The store would ship them to you and you could have them for your Circle party or we could bring them in June.  Why don't you buy the 12 place settings (125.40) and buy the other pieces a few at a time.  You have so much crystal to use you don't really need the cream and sugar right away although you would want them.  I just love the pattern.  The other patterns aren't very pretty.

Bobby is so cross.  Lynn is gone to Chicago and it has been cold and rainy for three days so we can't get out in the yard.  He needs to run and play outside.

I've made 2 blouses, a pair of overalls and a sun suit this week so have accomplished quite a lot.  One night I went to a Mothers Club and that's about all I've done.  The coat I ordered still hasn't come.  I'm getting disgusted.

The tea last Sunday was real nice.  Bobby was real good for Toni and watched us leave without a word."

            Lots of love,

                 B, Bonnie & Bobby

NOTE from Ann:  Parts of Missouri experienced severe weather on May 21, 1949, including a tornado that took 11 lives.  Use link to read the story.http://www.semissourian.com/story/1541192.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!