Monday, March 19, 2012

March 16, 1945 The Old Sow is Slipping, The Bull Session and Pepped Up About Sewing Again

Bonnie's Senior Prophecy,  Richland HS Yearbook
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It was awfully nice to have two letters this week but disappointing not to have one last week.  I got one Monday and the other one today.   Now that the flood waters have gone down the mail will be on time again.  I also got a lovely letter from Grandma.  I was so pleased because I hadn't heard from her since last summer.

B & Sully are at school as usual. We didn't get up very early because B & Sully went to a bull session last night and it was awfully late when we went to bed.  Harriet Cogger stayed with me and we sewed on our dresses.  I got quite a bit done and am pepped up about sewing again now so maybe I'll finish it soon.  If I don't touch it for a while my interest lags and it's hard to get started again.

I haven't bought anything for spring except a pair of white gloves.  We are having the most beautiful weather.  It makes one want to get out and walk.

B's eye is fine now.  It was sore about two days.  How do your teeth look?  I hope you won't have any trouble with them.  Is Bessie having the same trouble?

Sully doesn't know when they will get married but sometime next summer or fall.  She is a teacher too but doesn't plan to teach after they are married.

My reading is coming along all right.  I keep ahead of assignments (each book is due a certain day) but sometimes I get awfully tired of sitting.  School is going to be out before we know it.

Daddy, I think the old sow is slipping with only four pigs.  How many cows do you have?  Do you have a dog now?  I can't remember whether you said Mike came back or not.

Probably didn't matter if Mike came back or not!
What did Era call her baby?  Does she live in Springfield or with her folks?  What kind of work is Amy doing?

There isn't any news so write soon."

                                          Lots of love,

                                                 B & Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!