Wednesday, February 29, 2012

May 20, 1944 The Song, The Election and The New Suit

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I hope Daddy is home by now and feeling much better.  I'm so sorry he is sick, but it's a relief to know that he went to the doctor in St. Louis.  He had better take things a little easier for awhile.

Today is a lovely day but a bit cool.  I've been putting winter clothes away and getting out summer ones.  B put the screen on the kitchen windows, but I want to wash the others before I put up the screens.  I wish I had some of your flowers.  Miss Blunt (the teacher that supervised me in training) gave me a bouquet of Lilies of the Valley yesterday.

I have only three more weeks of school and it's going to be a busy time.  My term paper in music was to compose a song.  The best ones were sung in assembly and mine was one of them.

I have been elected president of the Dames for next year and will take office the last of June.  Just how much is expected of me, I'm not sure, but I guess I can manage.

The Dames hospital unit met Tuesday and this time we made eye pads.  They were already cut and we had to wrap them in little squares of brown paper. 

We got a nice letter from Beulah yesterday.  Charlotte must be a sight from what all of you tell about her.  I'm really getting anxious to see her.  Horace and Mabel are going home next week, I guess.  They wanted to wait until we went, but were afraid to wait for fear Horace would be moved.

I'm glad Grandma is with you and hope she is fine.  I owe her a letter, but don't know when I'll get to answer it.

B got a new suit last Saturday.  It is a grey-blue and looks very nice on him.  It will be real serviceable and he can probably wear it all year round.

Take care of yourself and Daddy and we'll be seeing you before long."

                                 Lots of love,

                                        B & Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!