Friday, February 24, 2012

March 4, 1944 B and the Philosophers, The Sharkskin Blouse, The Birthday and Writing Letters

B mailed the letter this week
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Having a vacation has really been nice.  I've done lots of things that I've been meaning to do.  B doesn't like the idea of having to get up and go to school when I can stay at home.  We always leave together in the morning.  All public schools are having vacation but of course Yale and Hopkins have had theirs earlier.

Monday I made a blouse.  It is white sharkskin and looks nice.  I haven't worn it yet.

Image courtesy of Amazon.com
I had a very nice birthday and thanks for the nice things.  I can use them all.  Mabel and Horace sent me tea towels, B's mother sent me a nice dickey and B gave me a box of candy and a book,  Successful Entertaining.  He brought home a quart of ice cream too.

The Dames had a meeting to do hospital work.  We had more fun just visiting.  Next Tuesday we have a meeting and our speaker is to be the woman I told you about who was in a Japanese prison camp.  Her husband spoke at Hopkins this morning.

B is going to New York tomorrow with Professor Brubacher to a meeting of philosophers.  I would go if I had someone to run around with.  They will spend the whole day at Columbia University.

I haven't done much today except write letters.  I wrote to Buddy, Beulah, Mabel and Horace, and Sully.  He finished the class he was taking at Yale last Saturday so he won't be coming anymore except to see a play.  I have asked him and Bea to come down in about two weeks to see a ballet.  We are going to a musical comedy tonight.

The stores have lots of pretty spring clothes.  I think I'll get a coat.  The dime stores keep getting supposedly scarce material.  The other day I got a knit dishrag, which I couldn't find for months, and some safety pins.  I'll send you a card of safety pins if you need them.

It's about time for B to get here and there isn't much news so bye, bye."

           Worlds of love,

                  B & Bonnie
                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!