Sunday, February 19, 2012

December 27, 1943 The Wonderful Christmas, The Nice Time, The Candlesticks and The Desk Globe




December 26, 1943

Dear Mother & Daddy,


"What a wonderful Christmas we had.  Needless to say, I was thrilled and so pleased with the bond.  B was as excited as I was and liked his things very much.  It was an awful lot for you to send.

Tell Beulah the things she sent were awfully nice.  B's folks sent him socks, underwear, and a tie, and I got aprons, tea towels, guest towel, lunch cloth, pot holder & they sent us both a huge box of the best chocolates we ever ate.  I got B a briefcase, house slippers, suspenders and tie.  He gave me a big bottle of perfume, sterling candlesticks, a cookbook I've been wanting, a Yale pin for my lapel and had my watch fixed.  

The Candlesticks
We had such a nice time yesterday.  Everything was so good and I certainly enjoyed fixing the dinner.  The table looked beautiful with a cream colored cloth, my new dishes and red candles.

I forgot to tell you Horace and Mabel sent us a beautiful desk globe.  It is the nicest thing.  Thanks again for the very, very nice things.  Happy New Year!"

                                         Worlds of love,

                                                B & Bonnie

The Tea Towels

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!