Tuesday, January 31, 2012

March 8, 1943 The Work and The Weather and Back to Routine


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"There hasn't been much happening since we got back and it seems so long since I wrote that I don't remember what I've told you.  Mr. Hill told B he could have the scholarship for next year if he wanted it and of course he does.  Yale gave him a full month's pay and didn't take a bit out for the time we were gone.  The YMCA College job had been taken by a divinity student.  He offered to give it up but he had resigned his church to take it and it wouldn't have been fair for B to take it.  I went back to work Friday.  I didn't want to go back so soon but they talked me into it.  Our boss had been out with the chicken pox and he looked so funny.  They were all awfully glad to see me.  The fuel situation has eased up so stores are going to be open on Mondays from now on.


We have had snow three times since we got back.  Yesterday it snowed and rained both and one street had to be completely closed because water was three feet deep there.  It was an awful day.  The sun shone today and almost all of the snow is gone now.

We had Caughlans up for supper last Wed. night and then we went to the Dames.  Guess what we had to eat?  Ham!  I got my ticket to the dinner.  They are almost all sold now--300 of them.



It's about time we had a letter from you.  We'll probably get one tomorrow.  I'll write again in about a week."


                                                   Lots of love,
                                                    
                                                         B & Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!