Monday, April 6, 2015

October 29, 1967 The Stadium, The Sleeves, The Heart and The News

ISU Yearbook

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Today has been a beautiful but cold day. This is homecoming weekend and a lot has been going on. Yesterday was a cold, rainy day but the kids put up decorations on the houses anyway and then today was nice. We went to the parade early, then to a luncheon & on to the football game. We bundled up and didn't get cold at all. 18,000 people packed into the stadium to see the game.



There has been a lot going on this week. B has had extra meetings at school and I've been to some extra things. Our faculty women's club has been having some discussion meetings and I went to 2 different ones this week. We read a book or a play and then discuss it.


I have spent a lot of time fitting some of Ann's dresses and mending. I started to cut a dress for myself but the sleeves of the pattern were missing. I had borrowed the pattern & the girl has tried using the sleeves with another one & didn't get it back together right. Maybe I'll get at it this next week.

My friend (whose husband was Bob's biology teacher) that has had such a bad heart for so long finally went to Mayo's. They have told her that her heart is not so bad and she is having gall bladder attacks. They are removing gallstones on Monday. We are all just hoping that she can get over this and finally be well.

News is pretty scarce so I'd better stop and do a little planning for my Sunday School work."

                Lots of love,

                    Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!