Monday, January 6, 2014

February 6, 1960 The Sore Throat, The Busy Week and The Bud on the Xmas Cactus


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"Another week gone already.  I haven't done much this week except iron.  I have had a sore throat and Bob has had a cold so I've just loafed the week away.  I haven't been really down but I've stayed in and rested a lot and it's much better.  We are going to a dinner party tonight but I don't think I'm contagious now.


This has been such a busy week for B but he went to the grocery store for me anyway so I wouldn't have to get out.  He has gone to school early every day and got home at 6:45 last night.  There is so much detail to registration that I can't even begin to understand it all.  I don't see how they ever keep it all straight.

I haven't been anywhere or seen anyone to hear any news.  Etta called a couple of times and she is still getting along fine but anxious to get back to her own house.  I don't know how she'll manage by herself.  I called the nursing home once to talk to her and the woman who answered the phone said she could hardly get around anymore.  I thought she got around pretty well but it has been a long while since I've seen her.

Granny calls every day or so.  I never call her because she is so slow and pretty feeble.  She fell again about 10 days ago and broke a bone in her wrist.  She tripped on a rug--mainly because she doesn't pick up her feet.  She has shuffled since she broke her hip.

I suppose it would be all right for you to write to Maxine but I wouldn't know what to say.  You'd have to be awfully careful.  But they would probably read it before giving it to her & maybe it would help her.  I sure feel sorry for her.  Isn't her birthday in March?  You could send her a birthday card.

I almost forgot to tell you that I have a bud on the Xmas cactus Beulah gave me so long ago.  There is only one so I'm really guarding it.  I must write & tell her, too.

Hope both of you are fine."

                      Lots of love,

                           Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!