Sunday, October 20, 2013

September 27, 1958 Free Right Now, Surprised & Happy, A Brown Felt Hat and Woody Came Home

Print, "The Rooks Have Come Back" by Alexi Savrasov

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This is only Thurs. but I have a few minutes before I start supper so I'll start my letter.  B hasn't come from school, Bob is swimming at school & Ann went home with our doctor's little girl so I'm free right now.  Bob gets to swim once a week after school, Ann's room has swimming lessons and all of us can swim on Monday night.  The water is warmed and it is real nice.

Was I surprised when that package came!  I couldn't imagine what we had left that you'd be sending except that book & I hadn't asked for it so I was really surprised and happy.  It is beautiful material & I thank you lots.  I'm so glad you & Daddy took a long ride.

I have looked & looked for a good dress but never could find one.  The skirts are all so straight I can't find one that fits.  I bought a piece of plain brown silk & cotton and have it all done but the buttonholes.  I got a brown felt hat & I'll wear it to the tea for new faculty people this Sunday.  We are supposed to take a new couple.

Tonight is Quill Club and I have to take a few cookies so I made them this afternoon.




We don't usually have refreshments but one of the women is leaving town so we are making a party out of this meeting.

Woody came home last Sat. night.  We took Edna to the airport to meet him & then we all went to Larsen's for awhile.  Woody was very tired & has lost a lot of weight because he has been on the "go" so much trying to see & do everything he could.  He certainly had a wonderful time & saw everything & more than he had hoped for.  He said the American Embassy couldn't believe they had been permitted to see so much.  We have a dinner planned for Oct. 10 for 14 people and he is going to show some of his pictures.  It is so interesting to hear him talk.

I hope Daddy's back is better.  Seems like so many people hurt their backs and sometimes it happens over nothing.



No, I didn't have to buy jars for my tomatoes.  I wouldn't have even if I hadn't been able to hunt up enough.  I still have a few empty ones but not enough to really start a canning project.


Ann's knee is fine & the shot didn't even make her arm sore so I guess there weren't any tetanus germs in the dirt.


Give your back time to heal, Daddy, and I hope that is soon."

                                     Lots of love,

                                              Bonnie

NOTE:  The print, pictured above, was brought back by Woody as a gift to my parents.  It hangs in my home now.  He also brought me and Bob the postcard pictured above as well as the enchanting calendar.   For information about Savrasov:  http://www.tanais.info/art/en/savrasov19more.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!