Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 12, 1958 The Full Week, The Faculty Women, The Quill Club and Tom Sawyer



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This has really been a full week but we haven't done anything today except clean up after our dinner party last night.  We had a nice time but we had all the dishes to wash today.   Some of the women wanted to wash them last night but I'd rather do them myself.  I tried to get a student but there aren't any classes on Monday because of a teachers' meeting so all the girls were going home.  We got along fine and everything was good.  Woody really has some good pictures and so many interesting things to tell.  He gave us a set of his new books.  There are four of them and one of our slides was in one.

Included in the letter
I went to Faculty Women's Club Tuesday night and introduced the four new women from our department.  I got my suit finished and wore it but almost roasted.  It was rather warm and rainy that evening and the air conditioning was broken so it was terribly hot in the dining room.  My throat was a little sore and Wednesday morning it was terrible.  I was supposed to work at the church.  I got up and went down for a few minutes but came home and spent the rest of the day in bed.  B took the children to the church for supper and brought mine to me.

Quill Club met here Thurs. night but I didn't clean my house.  I just dusted & I didn't even clean yesterday.  B swept the rugs and I spent the day cooking.

I've been wearing my brown dress but it will be just a "clean-up" dress.

Maybe if Daddy asks for that back interest every week for awhile you'll get it.

The kids went to the show (Tom Sawyer) in Bloomington & B has to go after them.  I want him to mail this so bye for now."

                              Lots of love,

                                     Bonnie


NOTE:  The classic Tom Sawyer movie was originally released in the late 30's, but re-released in 1958.   Watch a little of it below.







1 comment:

  1. In addition to Bobby there is Bill Huddleson and Barbara in the picture

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!