Thursday, September 19, 2013

January 26, 1958 The Sore Throat, The Big Snow, The Cedar Closets and The Nice Package


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"The kids are about ready for S.S. but I'm not going.  I've had a sore throat and it's better now but I still don't have much pep.  There has been too much going on and I got overtired.  We were supposed to go to a potluck last night but B had to go alone and take my vegetables.




The new semester begins next week so the kids will not have school tomorrow.  Their teachers have that day to get the new student teachers started.  B dreads next week.  It's always such a busy time and full of problems.


We have a big snow on and it's still coming.  The kids sure have a time in it.  This one is sticking to everything and it is beautiful.

The men are doing fine upstairs.  B hopes they will finish their work in about three weeks but I can't tell.  They don't waste time and the upstairs is beginning to look real nice.  Next week they will start on the ceiling in Bob's room.  The closets are cedar lined because the carpenter got a closeout price on some cedar paneling.   He even put it on the closet ceilings because it was cheaper than ceiling tiles.  He has lots of good suggestions to make and does a nice finishing job.  So far, we are real pleased.

Bob's room gave two plays this week that were real nice.  They were Bible stories--Joseph was one & the other was the story of David.

We went to Watterson's for Lynn's birthday on Wed. evening.   I had to leave right after we ate supper because that was the night I spoke at church.  Everyone said my talk was good but it sure is a lot of work.

Bob got a nice package from Beulah and I want to write to her soon but it took me all week to write a letter to Mabel so no telling when I'll get it done.

Hope you both are fine."

                            Lots of love,

                                   Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!