Sunday, September 23, 2012

April 26, 1952 The Latest Trick, Being In Connecticut Again and Ready for Warm Weather

B's slides, April, 1952

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It is quiet around here for a change since the children are in bed.  Ann talks as much as Bobby so B and I just never get to talk much while they are around.  I wish you could see the children--especially Ann.  She has grown so much more than Bob, and of course gets cuter every day.  Her latest trick is to take her clothes off.  Some days I can't even pin her diapers tight enough.  She manages to wiggle out of them.  Bobby never did that.  On these warm days I see Bobby only at mealtime it seems.  He stays outside as much as we will let him.

We are enjoying the Mirror.  B's birthday was yesterday and the only way we celebrated was to have steak.  I baked an angel food for him but didn't get his present I had ordered.  I ordered a stand for his electric drill and it hasn't come.  He has wanted one a long time so is willing to wait for it.

Your letter hasn't come this week.  I do hope you have the iris by now.

We took our lunch last Sunday and went to a state park in Northern Ill.  I wish you could have been along.  It was almost like being in Conn. again.  We enjoyed every minute of it.

We have had some terribly cold days this week but it's supposed to be warm tomorrow.  I'm ready for warm weather.

Hope you are all fine."

                   Lots of love,

                          Bonnie




NOTE:  The family outing was a visit to Starved Rock State Park on the Illinois River.   For information on Starved Rock:  http://starvedrockstatepark.org/history/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!