Tuesday, July 31, 2012

September 2 and 9, 1950 Filling Her Up, Getting A Little Rest, Washing Diapers, Running, Squealing, Cooking and Eating


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"The package came yesterday.  Thanks for sending the things.  I really need the shirts and had forgotten about that little quilt.  It will be nice to use in the carriage.  Aunt Ione sent Ann a beautiful all white nylon shawl.  It is one of the prettiest ones I ever saw.  Mrs. Sellers sent some boots and Mary Lou sent a blanket.  Something comes most every day for the baby.

The white shawl
Ann has done pretty well at night but cried quite a lot so I called the Dr. after weighing her before and after feedings for 24 hrs.  He said she wasn't getting enough to eat.  He said to keep her filled up so I've been trying to.

I am fine but have been outside only once and then went downtown to buy a wedding present for Daphne Jo.  B, Bonnie & Ann stayed in the car.  She slept in the basket all the time we were gone.  It has rained till we can't get out.

I'm glad you weren't too tired when you got home.  Bobby says every once in awhile that "sometime Granny come back to see Bobby".  He seemed to know that when you left I was home to stay and started going out to play again.

Tell Grandma we want to take pictures as soon as we can, but seems like we don't get anything done.

Bobby is asleep so I'd better stop and get a little rest."

                    Lots of love,

                           B, Bonnie & Babies



September 9, 1950

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We are all fine and have been enjoying the wonderful weather.  It has been cool enough for fires and coats but so sunny and bright.  Toni and I have been walking with the kids most every afternoon.  David is big enough for his stroller and is such a good baby.  Ann sleeps the whole time and of course Bobby and Lynn run and squeal and have so much fun.  They fought for several days over who was going to push Ann but are getting used to her now.  David isn't very interesting to them now.

Ann is much better--cries much less and sleeps better.  We took her to the Dr. on Wed. for a check-up and he said she was perfect physically but was just a colicky baby.  He gave me several things to try if she didn't get better, but I think the first formula is working fine.  It is almost exactly like Bobby's was with lactic acid.  Then we have started feeding her cereal to help fill her up.  She is like a different baby but still has to be fed real often--especially in the daytime.  The nights are pretty good and I'm glad it's that way instead of the other way around.

Mother, don't get those silly notions that something is wrong.  We are all fine.  We cook, eat and wash diapers.  That is about all we do.  B runs the sweeper once in awhile and the ironing piles higher with each wash.  School starts next week and Marge will be back.  She can catch up on all the unfinished business around here.

We really will miss B when school begins.  I know Bobby will be lonesome for him.  Bobby is real good and doesn't seem to mind my giving Ann so much attention.  We still can't get him to even try on those cowboy overalls I bought for him.  He says for me to give them to Jerry.  So I'm not going to insist but if he still won't wear them at Xmas I'll give them to Jerry for Xmas.  I think they are so cute.

"Are you serious?  Cowboy overalls?"

I had a nice letter from Beulah this week.  When will they get possession of the house?  I hope Charlotte likes school.

We may go to Peoria tomorrow if it's nice.  I want a brown hat and purse and Bobby needs a Sunday suit.

I hope you all are fine."

                 Lots of love,

                       B, Bonnie and family

Bonnie and her mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!