Thursday, June 21, 2012

January 15, 1949 Number 11, The Dollar, The Big Time, The Dress Neck and The Other Man of the Year

Happy Birthday, Bobby!
Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We have had ice too but no damage to wires here in Normal.  Today is like spring again for it's 60 outside.

The card is so cute and thanks for the dollar.  We put it in Bobby's bank and plan to add enough to his money to buy a bond for his birthday.  I want to make an angel cake for him for he likes that and can eat it.  The tooth is through now (11) and he walks everywhere.

Seems like there has been a lot going on this week and yet I haven't accomplished much.  There is a lot going on at school.  B went to Pontiac, Ill. to a meeting yesterday and has to go again soon to give a talk.  He judged debates this morning.  There is a tournament at school today.  We're invited to a dinner party tonight.  I finally got the dress neck fixed on my black dress so will wear that.  I still haven't cut my brunch coat but I bought a new pattern for it.

Toni and I took the babies and went shopping Monday.  We put the strollers in the car and all of us had a big time.  I bought some everyday shoes that were on sale.

We had a group of students in Thurs. evening and plan to have more next week.

There just isn't any news so will stop for now."

             Lots of love,

                    B, Bonnie & Bobby

On campus waiting for the dinner to begin. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!