Wednesday, May 23, 2012

February 4, 1948 No Longer Bored, Time Flies, 18 No More and Pampered


 Dear Mother & Daddy,

"There really isn't any news for we haven't been anywhere or done anything.  The days go by awfully fast now and we certainly don't get bored anymore.  The weather is still awful.  It thawed some today but B said everything was like glass when he came home.

Bobby is gaining fine and every day we can see some new developments.  He is such a good baby and cries only when he's hungry or uncomfortable.  We had to put him on the bottle but he didn't seem to mind.  Maybe it's better this way and we are both fine.


The Swanns sent him a little suit today--one he can wear later on.  It has green pants and a striped top.  Dustins sent a little knitted cap and a bath set (oil, powder, etc.).  The only thing he really needs is a crib size blanket or sheets.  We have plenty of basket size covers but practically nothing for the crib when he outgrows the basket which won't be long.  Aunt Nora may think that's too much so suit yourself about telling her.

Our telephone is New Britain 706J.  Aggie's is 706R.  We're on the same line.

My waistline is not back to normal yet but I have been wearing that read shirtwaist dress.  I asked Dr. January if I could do anything to tighten my stomach muscles and he answered, "Bonnie B, you'll never be 18 again after carrying that big baby around."  Then he said he could give me some exercises but thought I'd have enough to do taking care of the baby.  He doesn't approve of exercising but tells me to rest which I do.  I love taking care of the baby and that's all I do.  Don't worry about me taking care of myself.  B will see to that.  I don't think I have ever been so pampered in my life and I haven't been down the stairs a single time.

B's shirt is fine.  I hope you didn't have too much trouble getting it.  Hope you're both fine."

         Lots of love,

                B, Bonnie & Baby




NOTES from Ann:  In the world news on this day, Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) gained its independence.  For details:  http://www.asiantribune.com/news/2012/02/03/independence-day-making-sri-lanka-%E2%80%98democratic-hub%E2%80%99-%E2%80%98wonder-asia%E2%80%99

Arab and Israeli fighting continues to escalate.  See:  http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/1948_War.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!