Thursday, May 29, 2014

September 9, 1962 A Fire in the Fireplace, Ready for School and Full of Students


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I almost forgot to write a letter this week.  I guess it was because I didn't have one from you as usual.  It seems like a month since we were home.  We have had some rain and cold weather and I've had a fire in the fireplace twice.  Today is warm, though, so we'll probably have more hot days.

I've been trying to get Ann's clothes ready for school but can't get much done, it seems. 

Ann's & Bob's school

She starts Wednesday, Bob goes Tuesday and B started yesterday.

B's office
My order was here when we got home.  Our parcel post man had put the box in the garage.  Three dresses came but I sent everything back but one dress.  If the weather gets warm again I may be able to wear it a few times but will have it next summer.

Sears Catalog, 1962

The town is full of students and parents.  Half of them went to convocation yesterday & half today.  There are about 6000 in all but only new students have to be here today.

These isn't much to write but I hope you both are fine."

                             Lots of love,

                                    Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!