Tuesday, September 24, 2013

March 2, 1958 The Snow, The Chicago Meeting, The Recital, The Cub Scout Banquet and The Potluck Group



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We're having winter again after some wonderful spring days.  It is snowing a little and even the kids are sick of it.  When Ann saw it was snowing again she said, "Oh, that stupid snow."

We have a recital this morning so both kids are getting ready for that.  Bob is going to a party this afternoon and Ann is singing in the choir at church tomorrow.  They are always about as busy as we are.  Bob's teacher is in the hospital with kidney stones so she'll be there awhile and the kids aren't too happy with a substitute.


B is going to Chicago tomorrow for a 3 day meeting.  I have my last scheduled talk to give on Monday at Wesleyan University.  I've been working on that, making plans for a P.T.A. tea, & trying to do a two weeks' ironing.  I have all three things about ready but none of them actually finished.

The cub scout banquet was Tuesday night.  I had to take a cake decorated in blue and gold to be used as a centerpiece.  I made an angel cake & iced it with deep yellow icing.  I put a ruffle around the bottom edge with blue & then wrote our den number on it in blue.  Ann helped me make cub scouts our of marshmallows & we put them on top of the cake.  It was real cute & the boys loved it.

I had an announcement from Ruth & Francis.  I got a little dress to send the baby but haven't mailed it yet. 

I hope Daddy's cold is better by now.  B has had a bad one too but he's better now.  There are so many sick people around. 

I'll try to find time to write to Beulah soon.  The days go by so fast that I don't get anything much done, it seems.  I told B that I needed to stay home a whole week to catch up on things.  We haven't had time to do anything more upstairs.

Our potluck group meets tonight and I have to take salad.  I'm going to make a big tossed salad.  We haven't had one in a long time and that's easy.  We're going to show some slides.

It's about time to take Bob to his party.  I had to take two hitches at this letter."

                       Lots of love,

                             Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!