Saturday, October 27, 2012

May 31, 1953 Staying Home Tomorrow, Coming Home Monday, Digging a Sprout, Going to a Luncheon, Having People In and Listening to Records

Dear Mother & Daddy,

"B and the children have gone to the park and will probably come in for supper just as I start this.  It is hot today but we've had some cold days this week too.  Classes are all over and next week will be exams and graduation on Saturday.  We still plan to come home on Mon. but if we stop in St. Louis it will probably be late afternoon before we get there. 

We're going to stay home tomorrow and do a few odds and ends around the house. 

I just finished digging you a redbud sprout.  It may not live but I have it in a pot and will try to keep it alive for you.  The flowers Toni and I put out look real nice and everyone comments on how much better they look than the bare spots.

I'm going to a luncheon with Edna next week and model her Pakistani clothes for her.  We are having some people in Mon. night just for dessert and coffee.  A group of students was here Wed. night and we had such a nice time listening to records and talking.

There isn't any news and we'll see you soon.  I hope you both are fine."

                  Lots of love,

                        Bonnie

NOTES:  In the world headline news of June 2, 1953 was the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.  I have a coronation souvenir book, so take a look at the end of the post.

That event would not have interested Bonnie in the least bit.  However, when I was 10 years old and learned that Princess Anne's birthday was a couple of days before mine, I thought I should send a card.  Not knowing the address, I mailed it to Q.E. requesting that she pass it on to her daughter.  Whether she did or not, I'll never know, however I did receive the response pictured below, and promptly taped it to my wall where it remained for many years.  It's now kept in a protective frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!