Saturday, April 21, 2018

September, 1942 Lost Postcards from the Road: Chicken & Cake, The Cabin, The Turnpike and The Apartment


My parents left Missouri for Connecticut in a 1936 Chevy with a thermos of coffee and a shoe box my grandmother had packed with fried chicken, chocolate cake, Ritz crackers and hard boiled eggs. The postcards were lost when I began the blog, but recently found by my brother.  As was their habit, they wrote postcards and followed with detailed letters and you will find the one following these cards in the link at the end of the post.  Welcome back!

















http://annbkennedy.blogspot.com/2012/01/september-28-1942-on-moving-to.html

10 comments:

  1. So pleased to read another post of your blog. I really enjoyed the advertisments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David! It's great to hear from you. You can imagine my surprise to learn that these postcards had been found and I couldn't figure out how to add them to the blog without just doing an ordinary post. I'm glad you found it, thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Hello Ann
    I couldn't believe my eyes when your post arrived in my inbox.
    Lovely to hear from you again 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merryl! Well, I couldn't believe it when I found out that these postcards had been found! I'm so glad to hear from you and will email shortly. Thank you for letting me know that you received the post!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ann, I've now read the original post. Really fascinating and I left my comments about it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, David. I really appreciate it that you read the original, so now you know how it all began.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! Makes me wonder what else might be lurking out there!

      Delete
  5. I missed this post - what a great find, love the ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike! Glad you found the lost postcards too and thanks so much for writing.

      Delete

I welcome your comments!