Thursday, January 21, 2016

September 21, 1973 The Interesting Things, The Organized Life, The New Building, The Nice Note and The Last Show

Dear Mother,

Friday

"We're going to Chicago tomorrow and stay overnight with Bob & Pat so I'll write early this week. Bob has been in Washington half of the week so should have some interesting things to tell. He'll have to go to the hospital both mornings to check his patients but will be free the rest of the day. We'll come home right after lunch Sunday since we have to go to an art show Sunday evening.

Things are sure busy on campus. I have to be more careful to keep my calendar straight than I have in a long time. It is a more organized life than we've had for a long time and everyone seems happy about it.


Yesterday we went to a dedication of a new art building and there was a reception afterwards. The Board of Regents was here so they seemed to enjoy it all. Afterwards we went to an open house. Tonight we're going to a dinner and next week is going to be even busier.

I did my volunteer driving this morning but that didn't take long. I took a woman to the doctor. I'm still sewing but got so tired of it that I closed up the machine yesterday for a few days.

A friend called me to come and pick plums one morning so I did that and put them in the freezer. They are Italian plums and I was afraid to say I didn't want them for fear she wouldn't offer them to me again. I didn't really have the time to do it but I did anyway and now I'm glad, of course.

I had a nice note from Aunt Nora this week. She doesn't write often but it's a treat when she does.

Ann is really enjoying her class. She says it isn't even like going to work and the kids are so good.

We drove to Rockford, Illinois last Sunday to a rock show but it was such an ugly day we almost wished we'd stayed at home where it was cozy. It rained off and on and was pretty raw. I bought three little pieces. This may be the last show we'll go to because so much is going on at school all the time now.

I'd better start getting dressed to go out. B will soon be home.

Hope you are feeling better."

                    Love,

                        Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!