Tuesday, January 5, 2016

June 23, 1973 The Watergate Committee, The Second Yard, The Indefinite Plans and The Attic Window


Dear Mother,

             Friday Night

"B is working outdoors so I'll write to you. I really haven't done much work this week except for shampooing part of the rugs. They look better but the hall has a path that just doesn't come out. I had a lot of cleaning planned but the Watergate Committee took so long with John Dean that I've spent most of my time in front of T.V.

I have finished the embroidery on my quilt. I just can't sit in front of T.V. and do nothing so I guess I have accomplished something.

Our knitting group had a picnic lunch this week and that was nice. One of the members has a cottage out at the Lake so we went out there. Each one took something different so we had a really good lunch. It was a beautiful day and was so peaceful and quiet out there. I'd love to have a place like that but I don't know how people can keep up two places. We can't keep the weeds pulled here and I don't know what we'd do with a second yard.

I hope you feel better by now. Why don't you get yourself a new T.V. so you'd have some entertainment? That would help pass away a lot of time and there are lots of good programs.


Our vacation plans are still indefinite but we'll let you know when we know.

We haven't heard from any of our kids this week. They all must be up to their ears in work. That seems to be the way they like it.

Larsens are on a trip to Japan and we had a card from them today. They are having a wonderful time and had spent a night in a Japanese home. A minister arranged the trip so they are doing a few different things from the usual tourist group.

I ordered a quilt pattern out of the paper this week. I may never use it but I think it is like the $2500. quilt I saw in Kansas City in a department store. I think I told you about it. This pattern is put together as you go--everything, so there isn't any quilting later. I think that's the way the Kansas City one was but I couldn't figure out how it was done. Since then, I've hunted thru books at the library & book stores but hadn't seen anything like it. The one I ordered is called Attic Window. Did you ever hear of it?

I sure don't know much news so I guess I had better stop. We do hope you are better. Did the doctor say to come back again?"

                    Love,

                        Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!