Tuesday, October 6, 2015

July 25, 1971 The Short Visit, The Delicious Pie, The Nice Gifts, The Closed Deal and The Usual Housework


Dear Mother,

"We had a nice but short visit with Bob & Ann and got home about mid-night. Bob and Pat were still up so they unloaded the vegetables and things we needed to get out.

I put the pie in the oven again and it was delicious at noon. Pat had fixed a casserole & had it all ready in the refrigerator so we didn't have to do much about lunch.

All of us slept until 10:00 this morning and I really slept so I'll soon be caught up.

Ann has more wedding presents so I just wrote to her so she can send thank-yous. Bob & Pat get a kick out of opening the packages but had waited for us to say it was o.k. Pat's mother & grandmother had sent a beautiful silver water pitcher. There was a bud vase and some stainless salt/peppers to match a tray with creamer & sugar bowl on it. Ann has really had a lot of nice gifts.

She has four more days of school and then the summer term is over at Woodhaven. That will give her a week to work around the apartment. Everything was so clean but it will be a job to pack things.


I wish I could be there to go with you when you close the deal for the shares but everything will be fine and I'm sure Steve will take care of you. If you go after the bank is closed--which you might if that is when Gordon can do it--you may not be able to deposit the check. Just take it home--don't endorse it and wait until Beulah comes or call Rosalynn to take you to the bank. She'd do it gladly. Of course, this all may be done by the time you get this letter but Steve said the first part of the week & that could be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Everything will be fine anyway.


I'm not planning much this week except for the usual housework but I know I'll be ready for some extra work in a few days. I want to get the legs on my tables & get Ann's stuff all packed before I start the kitchen. Our basement is sure one holy mess. I don't care though, for it will all soon be gone. Bob & Ann will be leaving in two weeks.

I hope you slept well last night.

             Lots of love,

                   Bonnie               Did you take your vitamin pill today? Go do it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!