Tuesday, September 1, 2015

October 17, 1970 The Bright Sun, The Pen Women, The November Trip and The Children's Story


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We are having the most beautiful weather. It is real chilly (and frost at night) but the leaves are all colors and are really falling fast. The sun has been bright the last few days.

My cuttings are beginning to root so I have little pots all over the place. Part of them rotted but I think I'm going to have plenty.

We put the pictures up in the dining room today so it looks pretty nice in there. It looks as if I'm not going to even start the kitchen but I don't really care. There is so much going on all of the time and I hate to stop when I'm in the middle of a job.

I made myself a navy dress this week and have a brown one I want to make. The navy has long sleeves with white collar & cuffs.

I hope Buddy & Bessie do come by. It has been so long since we've seen them. We aren't going on our trip until November but that isn't long off, is it. The days go by so fast I can't keep up.

My jewelry class didn't meet this week. The teacher had a PTA meeting & I was almost glad. I've been out every night & it was nice to stay at home. We are going to our potluck club tonight but we're to be guests of a girl who used to belong before her husband died. She is going to cook a New England boiled dinner for us. It should be different.


Pen Women meet tomorrow in Bloomington so I plan to go since I haven't been yet this year. I had a real nice surprise yesterday. In 1962 I sold a children's story to the Latter Day Saints for their church paper and now they are going to reprint it. They sent me a check for $23.  Isn't it nice to have that just before we start a trip? I could hardly believe it.


I must stop & maybe I can get my dress cut out. If I get it cut & pinned then it is easier to find time to sew on it.

Hope Daddy is o.k. now and that you both are fine."

                   Lots of love,

                       Bonnie

NOTE: To read the story of the Festival Dolls:  http://www.annbkennedy.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-festival-dolls-by-bonnie-belshe_20.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!