Tuesday, September 8, 2015

November 13, 1970 The Wedding, The Map, The Meeting, The Office and The Mail


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We got your letter yesterday and were so glad to hear that all of you are fine. I tried to call you while we were in Fulton but I guess you were on your way to the wedding. I called Marjorie and talked to her and both Buddy & Bessie that Sat. morning. I sure wanted to go to that wedding and I think it so wonderful that she has found someone.


I hope you have the map by now so you can see about where we are going. After we leave Sacramento we'll just meander along so I don't know where we'll be stopping. Did I tell you we are going to a gem show in Sacramento? We have stopped at a few rock shops but I haven't bought much. This afternoon we are going to stop along the beach and see if we can find some agates. I don't know much about them but we are going to look.


B is in his last meeting so I have everything ready to check out of the hotel after we have lunch. It is a beautiful day and we are going over to the coast and drive south along the shore. Everyone says it is one of the most beautiful places on earth and we mustn't miss it. We didn't get to do this the last time we were here because we were only in Southern Oregon. It is surprising how mild the climate is. It doesn't even get cold when the sun goes down and that's about 4:00 in the afternoon.


B calls his office occasionally and they called him yesterday about some problem. If you should need us you could have his office get in touch with us. Call 309 438-2261 and talk with Betty Katz-she is his secretary.

We'll keep writing but it will be a little harder to mail them from now on so there may be a few days when you don't hear."

                 Much love,

                     Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!