Wednesday, August 19, 2015

July 12, 1970 The Wonderful Trip, The Short Course, The Youth Choir and The Zip Code



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I thought I'd get this written early this morning before the kids got up but everyone beat me up. It was about 10:00 when we had breakfast. Bob and Pat didn't get to Chicago until about 10:30 last night and it was almost 2:00 before we got home.


We were glad today is Saturday because no one had to get up until he was ready but they were up and ready for the day before I got out of bed. I wasn't quite ready then but didn't want to miss anything so I rolled out.

They had a wonderful trip and are full of things to tell. They were the only young married couple in the group. The other married ones were old--Pat said they were too old for this sort of trip because it was just too tiring. There were a few young ones they liked and then a lot of high school kids from Webster Groves. They loved these kids and really had fun with them. They took a lot of pictures and sent the film off today so we'll get to see where they went in a few days. They didn't bring home much but Bob bought a clock and Pat bought a watch so they have nice souvenirs. They hope to come to see you one of these days but it will be a while yet. They have to find a place to live in Chicago first and probably won't do that for several days.

Ann's summer school is half over. She is bored and says she's never going to summer school again. I hope she doesn't have to but may still have to take a short course next year to finish her degree. I don't think it would be so hard for her if she could see Bob once in awhile but he has to work Saturdays so can't come to Normal. She went to Columbia over the 4th and then they went to Marshall to see his mother. I would like to meet her and Ann says she is real nice.

The youth choir sounds real fine for the kids. It was a nice article about them. I suppose you read about all the high school kids being stranded in Europe. We had 7 from here in Athens but they got home yesterday. I think they'd had 2 weeks of their 6 weeks they had paid for. Pat's sister was supposed to have gone this month and had paid for the trip but their group didn't even leave the U.S. They doubt if they'll ever get any money back.

I'm glad Uncle Floyd is home. I wrote them a card while they were in Springfield but didn't have the zip code so don't know whether it ever got there.

I must stop & finish supper. Hope you both are fine."

                    Lots of love,

                       Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!