Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25, 1970 The Birthday, The Couch and The Trailer


Dear Daddy,

"Happy birthday! I kept hoping that we might get to see you on your birthday but our plans seem to have changed day by day all summer. I also hoped I could think of something you'd really like to have for your birthday but haven't done that either so I am sending you a check and you can use it as you please.


Bob & Pat got home yesterday afternoon with a trailer of furniture and all their things that they had in Atlanta. They have been sorting thru their wedding presents which they haven't seen since they were married and will leave some of them here. They want to have a lot of their nice things to use. If the apartment is painted and they can get in we plan to help them move this Friday.


Then they won't have to unload their trailer & rent another one later. The couch looks real pretty but is a Hide-a-bed so weighs about 300 lbs. They still have a lot of things to do--painting bookshelves & such, but I guess they'll manage.

Ann leaves for school Thursday morning & I think we have her ready.


Hope you both are fine and have a happy day on the 27th."

                  Lots of love,

                      Bonnie

NOTE:  No, we never had a van but I wish I had a nickel for every time our mom said, "I think we need one of those vans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!