Tuesday, June 16, 2015

May 4, 1969 The Rhubarb, The Drive, The Muscles, The Children and The Hunger


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It has been such a wonderful day we have almost worked ourselves down. I just couldn't stay in the house & have dug in the dirt all afternoon.


A friend brought me some rhubarb plants & even set them out. I told him I was insulted to think he didn't trust me to plant them but he wanted to do it. I think there will be enough for the neighborhood when it really gets going.


We planned to take a long ride today but B went to the office all morning & we never did find time. We simply must drive the Mustang a little more. I drove it one day & it really is nice.

I played golf on Wednesday & sure had some sore muscles the rest of the week. I'll soon get over that but just wasn't used to that much walking.

We got home about 5:30 last Sunday but it rained on us all of the way. It seems like a month since we were home. The days go by so fast but every one is so full. School is going to be out before we know it & last of school affairs have already started.


All of the children seem to be so busy right now but they are all fine. Ann has been having a lot of tests and papers to write. Pat's supervising teacher told the college director that she was the best student teacher she'd ever had so of course Bob & Pat were happy. I know she puts a lot of extra work into it & will be glad when its over.


It is about supper time & I'm sure hungry so I'd better get busy.

Hope you both are fine."

                        Lots of love,

                               Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!