Friday, June 5, 2015

February 2, 1969 The Heart Attack, The Bus Station, The Wards Catalog and The Spring Clothes


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This is really going to be late but I thought I'd wait until B & Ann left to write and then things started happening. We didn't look at the paper this morning and Tony called me about 10:00 to ask if I'd seen it. Malcolm's father died yesterday evening. He had a heart attack. So I spent some time fixing food to take up there. Tony came after me since I didn't have a car and she just now left.


I wanted to come to Richland with Ann but getting back was such a problem. The bus station here closes at 10:00 and I'm afraid to get off the bus there unless B could be there to meet me. He won't be back until late Wednesday.


It was fun to have Ann home for a little bit. I think she saw several of the kids she went to school with.

Do you have a new Wards catalog? We had a card for one but when I went to get it they told me it had been mailed out. It still hasn't come.


It is cloudy and drizzly today and I didn't go to Sunday School so the day has been long.


The stores are getting spring clothes in now and the materials are beautiful. Ann picked out a piece of dacron batiste while she was home but I don't know when I'll get to making it. We had a couple of sunny days lately & a few like that would make it seem like spring was on its way.

This isn't much of a letter but I want to get it mailed before it's too late to be picked up.

Hope you both are fine."

                         Love,

                            Bonnie

NOTE: See below for Nixon's inaugural address. (Yesterday's post included Bonnie's comments.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!