Sunday, June 14, 2015

April 13, 1969 The Big Eggs, The Cute Dress, The Car License, The Grackles and The Cardinals


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We enjoyed having you so much & I'm still using the big eggs. This week went by so fast and yet it seems a long time since you were here.

After you left on Tuesday I worked in the yard and raked the leaves off my plants. It was such a beautiful day and we've had several but I haven't been out any more.

I made Patty a dress and have a box just about ready to mail to them. The dress is green & rather plain but real cute. I put in the package Aunt Nora sent too.

Bob called at noon today to talk awhile. They had bought the car licenses & had mailed them Saturday. If they come this week & we can get a little mileage on the car we will drive it to Richland.


The grant money came thru so he'll be working in the college lab this summer with one of his professors. He didn't know yet what their project will be but it will be some kind of chemical research. His grant is $800. for 10 weeks work. That's a wonderful grant. We think it is from the American Petroleum Foundation and I think they can do as they please as far as the project goes. Patty signed her contract with the Newport News schools and has a good job for fall. She starts the last week in August.

Honor Guard

Ann has her job in Jefferson City. She had the letter dated the day after Easter. She called yesterday too. She had hurt a finger and had to have it x-rayed. The bill will come from the Fulton hospital & she wanted to explain so we wouldn't be worried. The finger is not broken but the doctor had put it in a splint.

The Procession Starts

B has gone to a meeting at school. The governing board is meeting here and they are talking about the plans for the school over the next 10 years. We're going for a ride when he gets home. It's a little cloudy but nice.

Female Services

The grackles chased the cardinals out of the evergreen and I don't know where they went. I haven't seen them for several days. The grackles kept stealing the grass & stuff they were using for building until they just gave up.

Eisenhower

We do have a nest of little rabbits down in the corner of our yard. I didn't bother them when I discovered it so I don't know how many there are. I could see two little backs.

The Riderless Horse

Things are sure growing now and soon the trees will be green. I love this time of the year. I have a clump of Dutchmen's Breeches blooming, too.

Nixon

We'll probably see you somewhere around 9:00 Friday evening. Don't worry if it's later. It really depends upon how late we stay in Fulton. We'll probably go to Belshe's first & I'll call as soon as we get there."

Agnew

                               Lots of love,

                                      Bonnie

NOTES:  Dad bought another Mustang. It wasn't a Mach I, and it wasn't red. It was the family color, Mom's favorite, green.

The snapshots of the Eisenhower funeral were taken by Pat's dad and given to Bob. Thanks, Bob!
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!